Remove Roof Rack Cross Bars | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Remove Roof Rack Cross Bars

spencer785

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
08 EB 4x4 V6
Hi there just wondering how do you remove the cross bars on the roof rack of an 08 explorer. Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Search back a few mounths, there was a whole discussion on this. Some sid it was very difficult & easy to break parts, others had no problem.

searched and couldn't find anything if anybody knows that would be great. Thanks

If it's the same as Sport Trac, you just unscrew the bolts all the way out, and then lift up on 1 side. The brackets on mine would still slide back and forth -- which I could hear everytime I came to a stop (took me awhile to figure out the source of the sound). I then bought a rubber cork to prevent the brackets from sliding in the rails.

I just searched and found the thread for you.

It was started 9-26-07 by member "roguewave" and titled 07 roof rack crossbars install. I believe i searched roof cross bar at the top of this site and it was the fourth result down. Good luck and curious how you make out. I am considering taking mine off for winter next time to make snow clearing easier.

Back