• Register Today It's free!

removing chrome trim

chrisx

Reaction score
City, State
Nassau, Bahamas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Explorer limited
Hey guys, anyone know how to remove the thin lower chrome trim on the doors. Was thinking of doing a color change and would be better if I could remove it easily. If anyone had done this please let me know how you did it. Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I too would like to know how to remove the trim, seems like the driver side has become a little loose. I noticed it when I was washing and had the music turned up

Having mine wrapped in vinyl

Did you have to remove it, or did you have it wrapped in place?
FYI, the post you quoted is 6 years old and the member hasn't been seen here since April 10, 2015. I just didn't want you to be sitting there waiting for his answer. ;) I believe that most that have done it, remove it.

Peter

I am PlastiDipping all of my chrome this week. Started with the grille today, and will do the other 21 pieces for the rest of the week. Doing a TON to my truck this week: interior/exterior LEDs, blind spot mirrors, PlastiDipping all chrome (Platinum and I can't stand all of the chrome), etc. Will post pics as I progress.

I am PlastiDipping all of my chrome this week. Started with the grille today, and will do the other 21 pieces for the rest of the week. Doing a TON to my truck this week: interior/exterior LEDs, blind spot mirrors, PlastiDipping all chrome (Platinum and I can't stand all of the chrome), etc. Will post pics as I progress.

Any pics yet?

Any pics yet?
Some yes, but too busy with work and travel this week. Got grille & mirrors done, and some of the interior LEDs (best bang for the buck), but will post more pics as the week goes on. Thank you for reminding me that 'it's not true unless you post pics'. Need to get on that!

Back