Removing Door Ding Guards-'97 4-door | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Removing Door Ding Guards-'97 4-door

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

double sided tape
yes.

Hopefully it's the same for a '92?

92 MIGHT have holes for alignment.
I am not sure when they stoped using alingment holes but I know at least 97 and up have no holes.

No holes in my 92, built 10/91, and no holes in my 91 built 8/90.

Ryan

Those Plastic squeegies made for laying on decals without air bubbles work great for sliding in behind trim to remove. they flex and are plastic so they're easy on paint.

-jason

Im debating whether to remove mine or not. Theyre on a red/gold eddie bauer. I think that it would seem as though something was missing since they are right where the two tone is split at. The chrome trim on them is starting to peel...

Im debating whether to remove mine or not. Theyre on a red/gold eddie bauer. I think that it would seem as though something was missing since they are right where the two tone is split at. The chrome trim on them is starting to peel...

Working on doing this now, that double sided tape is a pain. I plan to have some pictures up when its finished

Before
explorersides013.jpg

After
explorersides016.jpg

That looks way better. I still havent done mine but I definitely will when it gets warm.

I think so too. The chrome strips that are on them had started to come off completely, so it seemed like a good reason to get rid of them.

My chrome isnt peeling but it doesnt have the shine it used to. I wrap my Explorer for my business and not having those ding guards will make it a lot easier in addition to looking better.

wrap4.jpg

Nice wraps I do those as well my dad owns Signs Now #457 in Fort Myers, Florida.
We wrapped his FOrd e-250 and we are getting ready to wrap my wife's Cabrio nice wraps...

Back