removing emblems off '98 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

removing emblems off '98

Ive got a '98 eddie bauer explorer and i want to take the "explorer" and "eddie bauer" emblems off the back of the truck. These seem to just be glued on, but i want to be sure. Ive read all the past threads on this subject and im pretty sure i can take them off. Are there any holes that will be uncovered if i take these emblems off? I also want to take the eddie bauer pinstripes off the side, whats the best way to do that? Thanks in advance.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I pulled the exblems off the back of my 99 and it looks very clean. You should not have any holes to fill. Just use some fishing line to separate the emblems from the hatch, the warmer it is the better. Then you just need alot of elbow grease to get the adhesive off, I found rubbing alcohol works very well and will not harm the paint, just make sure you wax it afterwards.

Back of my 98 Sport hatch:

2rear.jpg

Extremely clean if you ask me.

First thing I did...Emblem removal is verry easy it just requires you get a grip on the letters on explorer and pull them off...I used fishing line then i just had to spend a 1/2 hr getting the glue and crap off afterwards...The pin is verry easy as well id also did that..I suggest a hair dryer (or heat gun) and heat the pin as you pull it off it make the process easier just pull on it its like tape and should come off in a big strip on each panel..Mine was thick like 1/2 inch and looked goofey to me i think its the same pin you have mines a 98 to there was a little fading but only if you stared+i live in florida(darn sun!) hope this helps

Thanks alot for the help, i think thats gonna be my project for the day.

After you remove those emblems, make sure you send them to me. LOL.

Ok i took off the emblems, then washed and waxed the truck. It looks real clean but you can still see where the emblems were if you look closely, is there anyway to get this to go away, or is it just gonna be like that?

good wax

I have a 94, and it had holes that I had to patch... I did it the cheap/lazy way and put some bondo glazing putty on there and sanded it smooth... had to put some backing in to keep it there...

what I should have done though is find a washer or a small disc that fits in the hole, and have it welded in, then fill and sand... but I don't have the tools or the patience for that... it hasn't cracked yet...

No Explorer Logo

98XOwner said:
Ive got a '98 eddie bauer explorer and i want to take the "explorer" and "eddie bauer" emblems off the back of the truck. QUOTE]

So, when are you renting the UHaul trailer? :p Sorry, I couldn't resist!

Back