• Register Today It's free!

Removing front bumper

sor118

Reaction score
City, State
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 Limited
Hey y'all, I'm in the process of replacing the terrible stock rectangular fog lights on my 98 Limited with some nice aftermarkets with H3's from eBay that fit perfectly and will put out a lot more light. It would be a lot easier if I removed the front bumper. Other than the obvious 2 screws on each side in the wheel well, can anyone tell me what other screws/bolts do I have to remove to get this done?

Thanks in Advance!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

There are 4 bolts that hold the bumper to the frame horns.. I believe they are 19mm or something like that.. Remove those bolts and the bumper should be free other than wiring from the fog lights.

Thanks! I'll give it a shot.

Cheers,

Scott

Don't forget one important step..........disable the air bag..........do it right!

Or.....you'll be sorry.

Aloha, Mark

There are no airbag sensors in the bumper.. They are in the above the bumper behind the grille right by the headlights.

OK......though, you may still wanna disable the air bag anyway......since, you're working over there. Book warns you to disable the air bags.........it's up to you.

Aloha, Mark

ma96782 said:
Don't forget one important step..........disable the air bag..........do it right!

Or.....you'll be sorry.

Aloha, Mark

Why?

no need to disable the air bags.

four 18 mm nuts is all that holds them on. The screws in the side just hold the cover to the bumper.

Back