Removing pitman arm...

Dre

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Chicago
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 FPIU
...what is the size of wrench I'm gonna need to unbolt pitman arm from gear box??? 1.25" is too small... is it metric?

thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...what is the size of wrench I'm gonna need to unbolt pitman arm from gear box??? 1.25" is too small... is it metric?

thanks!

I'm not 100% positive, but i believe it is 1 5/16

lol, no prob,

it is a 1 5/16" that is the only big standard socket in my tool box, so i know that is what i used to pulll off my old pitman arm,

lol, no prob,

it is a 1 5/16" that is the only big standard socket in my tool box, so i know that is what i used to pulll off my old pitman arm,

thanks... need to get one.

And a big breaker/cheater bar...........

I didn't have much trouble in removing the other end of the pitman arm... tie rod but I do remember that previously I did experiance trouble on the big one. Truck is 13 years old - pitman arm was never removed - problem is that on this one I can't use my torch.

Weather is nicer today - I might try today.

Another thing is that my tools for ball joints have not yet arrived. That would be fun to replace too... this time I want to do it all myself.

I don't know why but for some reason I do.
:rolleyes:

Tapping on the very end on the pitman are (in toward the shaft) will sometimes loosen them a little. And we all know why you work on your own stuff... we can't afford to have somone else do it :)

that is true my friend... lately things have not been too pretty. Well, tools have arrived but now temps dipped into teens :confused:

well, I'll wait - it's not like I'm going anywhere... and even though gas is hooked-up to the garage, it still needs insulation and furnace. :(

hope the weather warms-up a bit.

Back