Removing scratches in paint | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Removing scratches in paint

Okay. Have owned my 2002 X for about a year now and after washing it today, get upstairs look down at the X (with the sun shining on it) and notice really small scratches all over it. I have always been very careful when applying wax and removing it with 100% cloth terry towels. Any ideas on how the scratches got there? Any way to remove them? Thanks again.

Originally posted by unabonked
should i use clay first? my paint is just starting to feel rough. i'm thinking of pinnacle polyclay. would this be much better then the mother's clay at wally-mart?

Yes you should. Mothers will work just fine. Clay is clay, except for meguiars, that stuff blows! Just keep the paint well lubricated. I used Zaino, so I didn't want the spray wax on the paint, so I lubricated the clay and paint with car wash soap mixed with water in a spray bottle. The same goes if you use Klasse. That pinnacle stuff is probably really expensive, which really isn't worth it.

Back