• Register Today It's free!

renee1

rwest!

Reaction score
City, State
Central, New Jersey
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 Eddie Bauer
:rolleyes: Hello! I'm another newbie to this site and so far I have to say, this site is awesome! I have a '92 Eddie Bauer, White/Tan and I'm looking to get it painted by Macco in two weeks. I've had two Ford Broncos (the pre-Explorers) and I love Ford trucks.

I am desperately looking for some running boards, I was wondering if my particular model was supossed to come with them or it that usually a 'add-on?' - Does anyone know where I could go to check pricing?....JC Whitney? Napa?....Any help would be appreciated!!!!...are there any fellow female Explorer owners out there?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

hi, welcome to the site. i think all eddie bauers came with running boards. you could check ebay. or post a "wanted" thread in the for sale or wanted forum here.
there are a few female explorer owners on this site

Welcome aboard rwest!

As far as running boards go, there do not seem to be many 91-94 Explorers that came with them, although it seems a lot of Limiteds have them. You should definately check out ebay and even our For Sale Forum.

We do indeed have a good number of women on the site. The most famous of all, Char, Rick's wife.:)

Good luck with your search and happy postin'!:)

Originally posted by alphasylum
**double checks**

**raises hand**

me me

LOL:D ...
you had to double check!!:p
welcome to the site!:)

That's pretty scary that you had to double check. It sounds like you will fit in very well here and I'm looking forward to reading all your posts.

welcome both rwest and alphasylum

Yes there are a few females, girls, chicks, babes whatever you want to call them.
Yes most of the ones I know get out and do the runs also so there is no excuse for you two to get out on one of the runs in your area.

rwest,
be careful getting your Explorer painted at Macco. I'm not saying they can't do a good job, but they are known to take short cuts.
Good luck and hope you enjoy this site as much as I have.
;)

Originally posted by alphasylum
**double checks**

**raises hand**

me me
\
Schweet I see you are in WI good to see we are getting some members from cheesetown

I'm Back

Thanks for repsonding and as it turns out I did end up (at the very last minute) changing my mind to paint the truck - I have a picture, trying to attach it - having a problem BUT - the truck is white/tan two-tone, and it's just the tan part that really needs a re-paint.

It's scruffy, a little scratched but I thinking detailing (compounding, polishing) might due the trick and I ended up going to a truck performance store in my area and they have some Lund Side-Tracker (w/the one strip) on order for me).

Wish I can attach the picture....thanks again for your responses!:cool:

You need to have some place on the internet to put your picture before putting it up. If you want email the picture to me and I can put it up for you.

Don't get it looking to fancy or you will be afraid to get it scratched four wheeling.

Hi rwest!. Welcome to the site. If you like going offroading, a bunch of us from PA/NY/NJ/MD/NC are going wheeling at Paragon in the Pocono's on November 18th. Two other female Explorers, Karol (ExplorerEB96 from the Philly area), and Spas (from Maryland) will be there. Check out Dead Link Removed for info and Dead Link Removed and Dead Link Removed for pix of our last run. Paragon has trails for everyone from full stock to as nasty as you want.

Hope you can make it! :D

Originally posted by Perry

rwest,
be careful getting your Explorer painted at Macco. I'm not saying they can't do a good job, but they are known to take short cuts.

;)

I agree with Perry. I've had my paint job from them for about 6 months. Last week I took my X to the car wash and the paint by the hood and by the doors started to come off. After I get my truck from the shop I will make them take a look at it and show them their SH*T job. They also owe me a dashboard. :mad:

Back