Repairing Moonroof | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Repairing Moonroof

Anybody know if there are any repair kits available to replace the rubber stripping around the moonroof on a 92 explorer. I had to break into it one day and ended up breaking the 2 black clips towards the front that the glass clips into and the hardware on the glass. I got a new piece of glass with good hardware but i need to replace the 2 broken clips. If i cant do this myself how much would someone guess it would cost at a body shop or ford or wherever. If all else fails i suppose ill just caulk the whole thing really good and leave it at that cus i dont have 300 to spend on it.

thanks
mike

xitsmike said:
Anybody know if there are any repair kits available to replace the rubber stripping around the moonroof on a 92 explorer. I had to break into it one day and ended up breaking the 2 black clips towards the front that the glass clips into and the hardware on the glass. I got a new piece of glass with good hardware but i need to replace the 2 broken clips. If i cant do this myself how much would someone guess it would cost at a body shop or ford or wherever. If all else fails i suppose ill just caulk the whole thing really good and leave it at that cus i dont have 300 to spend on it.

thanks
mike

what do you mean, broke the clips????
Is your glass removeable or not,????

Last year the wind blow the glass out of my hands as i was taking it out...
and ripped out one of the metal clips, the inside of the bottom is a threaded 6mm bolt, so i drilled out from the top into the interier liner, then ran the 6mm bolt up throgh the hole and plopedsome 50yr black caulk, it does not leak but the winshild still does, good luck

im talking about the 2 black plastic clip pieces that are attached to the roof of the truck on the front edge of the moonroof, that the moonroof glass clips into with 2 little metal bars. yes its removeable.

Back