Windshield Replacements And Repairs: Which Insurance Policy? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Windshield Replacements And Repairs: Which Insurance Policy?

Since this is a repair-related topic, but since there is much debate over if the windshield is part of the "body" or not (whereas repairing a windshield is or is not body work,) please move this thread if it is better suited to another Sub-Forum, thanks.
Since I've lately been curious about windshield replacements after hearing the EPA has given incentive to insurance companies to provide glass repair and replacement at little to no cost upfront, among other arrangements, due to landfill problems with auto glass, I thought I would make a thread where you can tell me / just discuss what policies you have and which ones work for you for your glass repair needs. Mine does not currently cover this whatsoever, so if I got a chip that cracked out onto my windshield, I would have to get it repaired or replaced myself. Sometimes you just need a replacement, and it would be nice if your insurance provider actually covers it; will take care of it at little or no cost. Edit: And what about if you have hard water damage/etching on your glass or windshield and you can't seem to polish it out? (Been there before!) Some policies only cover the windshield.. Which is problematic because what if other glass cracks or chips and needs repair? You're still stuck getting it repaired or replaced out of pocket. Tisk tisk.

Tell me what insurance policy you have and how much it costs you per month, if it offers windshield replacement or repair. And tell me if your policy also offers repair or replacement of other auto glass on your vehicle, or just the windshield. **** knows the Explorer has plenty of glass waiting to be chipped or cracked all around. I'm thinking of changing policies just to have this available to me if I choose not to do it myself or whatever my personal situation is at the time. Maybe I've just suddenly lost both my hands, and a windshield replacement on my own is just simply out of the question. Who knows. So any suggestions for a good policy is appreciated!

Back