• Register Today It's free!

Replacing wheel bearings

clinton03

Reaction score
City, State
Greenville, South Carolina
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 explorer xl 4wd
Im currently replacing my wheel bearings on my 91' explorer 4dr. 4wd. If anyone can tell me if the inner and outer bearings are suppose to be the same size that would be great thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

They are the same size.

thanks i appreciate it. yeah i bought new ones from auto zone and they were two diff. sizes when i got into the project and took everything apart. they were the same size. I just didnt know if autozone messed up or if they were wrong to begin wit. Thanks again

no some trucks do have different bearings but if you have the same size on your truck you use a 2.5 rotor,here is a thread about this problem,also if you replace your rotors you need to make sure they give you rotors with the same size bearings
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=244084

Don't support the crappy supply houses that don't give you the right parts. I won't goto autozone again myself. They had bearings. Couldn't get seals. Didn't know how many bearings. I also am done with dealing with pretty little gals behind the counter. That chick better have grease under her nails. So far I'm down to NAPA and trying the Federated supply. Some of the NAPA's have dummies but they seem to have a little better grade of people working there.

Don't support the crappy supply houses that don't give you the right parts. I won't goto autozone again myself.

I prefer NAPA over Autozone everyday of the week, except for bearings. The "zone" sells Timkens and NAPA don't.

Don't support the crappy supply houses that don't give you the right parts. I won't goto autozone again myself. They had bearings. Couldn't get seals. Didn't know how many bearings. I also am done with dealing with pretty little gals behind the counter. That chick better have grease under her nails. So far I'm down to NAPA and trying the Federated supply. Some of the NAPA's have dummies but they seem to have a little better grade of people working there.

I agree with you... I just about refuse to go in a Autozone... I liked Advance, The local one had decent smart people working there but it closed down... I'm now going to NAPA or Carquest

Back