Reputable and reliable headlights for the second gen? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Reputable and reliable headlights for the second gen?

Meh, I have no idea what you guys are talking about.

My '98 has been parked outside 24/7 for several years now and was most of the daylight hours back when a daily driver.

I buffed out the headlights, put a synthetic polishing wax on, and that's all I've ever needed to do a couple times a year since then. No "sealant" or "film", just a polishing (aka cleaner) synthetic wax. If I was parked where there was direct sunlight for the 2nd half of the day, I might need to do that quarterly instead of every half a year, but it's no more than grabbing a rag with a pea sized blob on it after washing the vehicle, takes 1-2 minutes.

On the other hand if you have a leak and gunk got on the inside of the lens, it has to either come apart to clean that out or replace it. Maybe you could power wash that off through the bulb hole, never had an occasion to try that.
Yeah I get you.
I am one is who likes to be one and done.
My recommendation is especially for those way south and deal with hours of hot beating sun. And like I said you also have the plus of not worrying about following too close at speeds off roading or on gravel roads

^ But the new ones will fade too. Maybe my method worked for me because I didn't wait until they were terrible, I'd waxed them with the rest of the vehicle all along but not a polishing wax until they started to haze.

Back