Reverse

Walt75

Reaction score
City, State
Savannah Missouri
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Explorer XLT 4x4
Hi Guys
I put in a used transmission in my 92 explorer 4x4. I replaced the filter and fluid. When I put it in reverse it take awhile to kick in. When I put it in forward gears goes right in. Is there any adjustments for the reverse?

Thank you

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It might have an issue with the low/reverse servo or the valve body. The servo doesn't have an adjustment but the tip might be damaged so there's excessive movement to engage reverse. Check the pressure with a 0 - 300 PSI test gauge.

Hi
Is the servo hard to replace?

Thank you

Hi
I still have the transmission that came out of the explorer. The reverse worked great in it. I was wondering if I could use the low/reverse servo from the old transmission in the transmission that I just put in?
Thanks

Hi

I will try to get this done in the next week. I will let you guys know what happens.

thanks

Hi
I took the low/reverse servo out of the transmission that the reverse worked in. When I put the servo in the transmission that is in the explorer do I need to make sure that it align up right? I will work on it this weekend.
Thanks

Hi Guys
I replaced the low/reverse servo today. When I took the one out of the transmission there was no spring in it. I replaced the spring. I moved the explorer around. It was going in reverse but it was felt like the brakes were on for a few seconds then it moved fine. I just went out and put the explorer in reverse again and nothing happened just sits there now. What is your guys thoughts on this?

thank you

Back