• Register Today It's free!

Rhino 3000 series winch?

Caleb33

Reaction score
City, State
Orlando
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 ford explorer
I really want this push bar mostly to mount my winch to it. Does anyone who has one think it has a place to have one bolted on and or a place for me to weld it on? I can weld pretty weld but my engineer girlfriend can make it look like a machine did it. :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I really want this push bar mostly to mount my winch to it. Does anyone who has one think it has a place to have one bolted on and or a place for me to weld it on? I can weld pretty weld but my engineer girlfriend can make it look like a machine did it. :)

If my girlfriend was an engineer I would make my girlfriend PAY FOR IT! Lol...

Engineering intern* so that means unpaid hahaha

If she's an engineer then she should be able to tell you that you shouldn't be mounting a winch to that...
If she disagrees, well I'm an engineering student and I say it's not meant for that. Get a custom bumper or front hitch and know that the winch won't rip its own mount off

Kind of a rude way to respond..... Couldn't find any specs on strength or thickness or how it monunted all I had was pictures. Thn again most engineers dot know how to talk to people now do they.

You think that was rude? You didn't post any pictures, I had to google them to see what you were talking about.

BTW, your question sounded like you were looking at a winch. Not the bumper.
Took me a minute to figure out what you were asking

It's a common bumper and my question applied to people who already had it and would know the product name because they owned it because I'm asking for an opinion from a product owner on how sturdy the steel is not someone to go google look at the same pics I have and chime in. Good try though

Good try? Dude. Look at that thing. You seriously think that it would be strong enough to hold and MOVE the weight of an explorer axle deep in mud? If so, you need to be talking to your girl friend more

That bumper is simply for looks and a place to mount lights.
Nice try though

The an was to strongly reinforce it anyways.

I couldn't find any stats on it at all! I'm not saying it can i just wanted input man jeez lol comes off the interceptors so I did t know how we'll they were made. And I don't want a custom fabricated one I want a bolt on but not a front hitch they reduce clearance

It would require so much reinforcement that you would be better off just making a bumper from scratch. But do whatever you want, I'm sure it'll work out great for ya

I just want one made by a company not by a fabricator.....someone jk can back their products up and doesn't require me to remove the front bumper

I dont have that particular guard but the one I have (and it looks like the rhino one does too) dips down to the bottom of the front bumper cover. If you just want the guard to mount the winch, I'd say get a front hitch receiver because they come out about even with the tow hooks instead of 8" below. If you want the guard to protect the front end like I do then it'll take a good amount of strengthening to mount a winch to. This will be true for most anything because of the way all of the guards are mounted to the truck.

And then get a riser to put it up in front of the grill?

Basically you want the height of the fairlead to be centered on your frame rails

Why is that? I wanted it to sit higher up like just below the grill where the small strip is painted below the grill and above the bumper.

The further off the frame rail you have it, the more leverage it gets and the more stress it puts on your assembly. Also if you mount it above your frame rail, when you hook it up it will pull the nose of your Explorer forward and down rather than just forward.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I was going strictly for maximum strength. Mounting it there shouldn't be a huge problem though because that seems to be where 99% of winches mount anyway. And the frame rails are pretty close to that painted strip. I can't really picture what the blocks would do. Were you thinking about mounting it on the lower bar/step on the brush guard?

Back