the scoop on the flowmaster 40 series, Mac's 2.5" cat-back, JBA EVOL Cat-back.. best? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

the scoop on the flowmaster 40 series, Mac's 2.5" cat-back, JBA EVOL Cat-back.. best?

dancap

Reaction score
City, State
Jackson,NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 XLT v8 4.6L
Hey i have a 2003 Fordd explorer xlt V8 4.6L and i was looking into a new exaust.

I came across the flowmaster's 40 series muffler and love the loud roaring sound but i really wanted a full system.

Can anyone tell me what will give me the best out put of power with still a decently loud sound, because I need to wake my truck up, its to quiet and is lacking the bootm end (acceleration)

Are these good exhausts? and are they loud? which is the lodest and such... any info would be great!

JBA EVOL Cat-back exhaust system - http://209.216.249.236/exhaust-catba...d9ce1142ed2cb7

Mac's 2.5" cat-back system - http://209.216.249.236/exhaust-catba...d9ce1142ed2cb7

Thanks in advance!

Dan

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Go get the 40's, then go to a shop and have them replace your system. I know you're down in Jackson, but up here in Morris County I can think of 3 that will do it. Most will build you a complete cat back set up, w/ any size pipe you want. I'd imagine 2.25-2.75 for your setup. Those 40's just sound too good to go waste money on a pre-made system. If you're in the area, I have 4 friends that all went to my guy and had flowmasters installed. Dodges, Chevy's, Fords, and a Honda. They're all very happy w/ the sound, the price, and the work.

i recently installed a flowmaster 40 turndown on my X and i like the sound but im running a side swept single outlet behind the rear tire with a 2.5" magnaflow tip... u get more pressure out of running it all the way to the back so it has more pop and more agreessive of a tone... if u want a steady rumble id go with the turndown... only reason im ditching the turndown is the surplus of cabin noise... it def gives u more horsepower though since it has less tube to travel to get out... and mine is a V6 so urs will have much more rumble... as for pipe size, thats really not that big of an issue as long as that muffler is on there

i went with the Gibson cat-back. Works very well, and sounds good too.

I have:

JBA headers
2.5'' True Duals
X Pipe (H in this vid)
2 Flowmaster Super 40's
2 2.5'' Resonnators

Turn it up and enjoy!!!

http://media.putfile.com/AWDROCKS-H-Pipe-88

Oh, and it runs like a bat out of hell ;)

Man, that's the sound that I love! Just for my knowledge: H/E for the SC is heat exchanger(?) for the super charger, right? So an intercooler. Man, it sounds great. Now some shots of it at the track!

Man, that's the sound that I love! Just for my knowledge: H/E for the SC is heat exchanger(?) for the super charger, right? So an intercooler. Man, it sounds great. Now some shots of it at the track!

Yes that is a second heat exchanger I put in the rear for the supercharger. The front one is mounted in the bottom front bumper grill.

Ill try to get some shots this Friday night at the track!!!

Back