rocker panel rust?? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

rocker panel rust??

i was wondering if there might be a bolt in replacement for the rocker panels i was told there might be some for the 92 explorer, or if anyone has any ideas on how to fix the rust on the rockers would be great, i have so much rust there i may as well not have any rockers at all, lol, any help would be great thanks...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i had the same problem and got it done at a cheap body shop (which was stupid because its rusty again). you could try to bondo it depending on how bad it is, but i haven't heard of a bolt on replacement unless you want to fix a piece of sheet metal to it.

The ONLY way to STOP rust it to cut it all the way out.

Hey man, I had the same problem, actually right at this moment I have all of the new metal for my rocker panels, fender and dog legs. I just got all new metal except for the fender, got it at a junkyard. What I did was put some POR15 , rust preventative, on the backside of the fender where it rusted out, and just cut out and welded in the dog legs and rocker panels. Then I got everything painted and it should look great!! I really hate this Iowa rust crap. hope helps,.

new rocker panels

Dead Link Removed This might help some?

Hey man, I had the same problem, actually right at this moment I have all of the new metal for my rocker panels, fender and dog legs. I just got all new metal except for the fender, got it at a junkyard. What I did was put some POR15 , rust preventative, on the backside of the fender where it rusted out, and just cut out and welded in the dog legs and rocker panels. Then I got everything painted and it should look great!! I really hate this Iowa rust crap. hope helps,.
Where can I get the slip on rocker panels for 2010 Ford Explorer

Back