Rocks for tires... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Rocks for tires...

I was bored earlier today, so I checked the air pressure in my rear tires. They were inflated to 70 PSI! :eek:

I have no idea how they got this way. I certainly did not inflate them that much since the max PSI is 44. I let the air down to 35 PSI. Rides much better LOL.

Just thought I'd pass it along. :p

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

holy cr*p... isnt 35 a lil higher than normal anyways? i put them at 32 for city driving, and like 34-35 for my 400 mile trip from home to school.

Originally posted by Hartman
I was bored earlier today, so I checked the air pressure in my rear tires. They were inflated to 70 PSI! :eek:
I am surprised you did not blow one:eek:

Tires do not inflate on their own (doh!). Somebody is playing games with you, man.

Anyways, I inflate my tires to 38 when I go on long road trips that consist of mostly highway road.

I think it might have been the guys at discount tire a few months ago.....idiots.

Tire guages are cheap quality, mybe one was giving you a false reading when you inflated them....

I doubt it, I use the one that's built in on my Craftsman inflator that runs off my compressor. It's not one of those cheap gas station ones.

holy crap. 70psi in a passenger tire is not good. :eek:

and BTW, the best cheapo tire gauge out there are the round dial ones at autozone. i checked two of them at work and found both were only 1psi off compared to what our lab uses.

Attachments

• gauge.jpg
    gauge.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 180

Yep, got the same one in red for $7.99 at Autozone. My wife got the premium package at $9.99 with the re-set button up top. :p

Even if it's a craftsman, gauges built into compressors usually aren't as good as stand-alone units.

Originally posted by Hartman
I think it might have been the guys at discount tire a few months ago.....idiots.

Are you saying that you havn't checked the tire psig in months?

Yep that's pretty much what I'm saying.

Back