• Register Today It's free!

ROL gaskets

maroon93limited

Reaction score
City, State
Taber, Alberta
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 Limited
I'm pretty sure i got an intake gasket leak as the heads and block right below my valve covers are dry, but the top of the bell housing is soaked. I was looking on Rock Auto to get the Fel-Pro gasket kit number and came across the ROL kit. It seems that it has a strip of cork on either end where as the Fel-Pro does not, and I'm assuming that's where Ford just used some kind of gasket maker.

Anyone ever use this kit? Or should I be the guinea pig and let everyone know how good they are?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It will be a challenge to keep those strips in place while you put the intake on and cork gaskets suck.Good RTV will seal it just fine,you just have to make sure all the oil is cleaned off and that you wipe it down with acetone or MAF cleaner before you use it,no carb cleaner.:D

The cork on either end looks like it comes glued to the main gasket. But I'm going to go with the Fel-Pro anyway. I've never heard to much about ROL, where as I've used fel-pro lots and have had no problems.

The cork on either end looks like it comes glued to the main gasket. But I'm going to go with the Fel-Pro anyway. I've never heard to much about ROL, where as I've used fel-pro lots and have had no problems.

I agree,I have used Fel Pro for years.:D

agreed been useing them over the years.

Just for S's & G's guys, here's a pic of he ROL set.

ROLintakegasket.jpg

No intention of using them, I've already ordered a fel-pro set, just thought I'd post this so you could see what I meant about the cork.

Back