Roll over story...Request to Join Club | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Roll over story...Request to Join Club

Just figured I would post to let a little background info on me...

So last year Nov. 3rd, 4 days after my B-day. Some friends and I went out to hooters to eat, and then we were on our way to a friends house. I was driving down a tar road and began to slow down to take a left hand turn onto dirt and when I did the rear end swung out to the right on the washed out road, I corrected and prolly over corrected but any who the rear end now swung out to my left. I tried to correct one more time but the front wheels would not grab on the loose gravel, trying not to over correct again I didn't want to turn the wheel to much but when the wheels wouldn't hook up I cranked the steering wheel as hard and as fast as I could to the left...No go, she still wouldn't hook and the car was headed for the ditch. If the ditch wasn't so steep I would have been fine but it was about a 60 degree drop off approx 8ft down, and as soon as one wheel went off the edge it was over car fliped over and was air boring till the drivers side hit the feild and me being the only one out of 4 not wearing my seat belt hit my shoulder on the roof causing my collar bone to break. We rolled back onto all four wheels and the car came to a stop. NOW GET THIS, as my 3 passangers and I crawled out from my X there was a truck that couldn't have been more then 15 seconds behind my coming around this turn...As I am making sure they are ok the truck slows down on this road obviously looking right at us, never comes to a complete stop and just takes off. So we called 911 and got things taken care of, the funny part for me was when the EMT's came and wanted to do like a body inspection to make sure nothing was messed up, she asked me if anything hurt so she wouldn't cause to much pain...I said yeah my shoulder feels werid, and she looks at my shoulder and says YEPP you broke your collar bone, she said this before even touching because my collar bone was only a few mm's from being a compound fracture and sticking out of the skin. My collar bone went from being staraight out to the inner part of it raised vertically almost 2 inches compareds to the outter part of it. She wanted to put me in the ambulance and take me to the hospital and I kept telling her no and she was just like well we will see when your mom gets her since I was only 17 I need adult consent to leave the scene. My mom just ended up taking me, and they gave me a sling to wear for 3-4weeks, I wore it for about 3 hours cause it bugged the F*** outta me, and perhaps that is why my collar bone to this day kind sticks up. My passangers were fine due to the fact that they were wearing seat belts. I got the only injuries being the collar bone and a few nasty cuts in my head, and inbeded glass in my head. I would be taking a shower and shampooing my hair and feel glass even 5 months later, a few decent bruises but I am so thankful that I got the worst part of it, and so thankful that they walked away unhurt, but still wish I could take back the fact that they were riding with me.

The only good part...

I have a friend who owns a dealership and gets invited to all the dealer auctions and he will sell me cars at his cost, so I bought this 2000 limited V6 Explorer with 130,x.. for $4,500. When insurance declared the car totaled and wrote me out a check for $8,780 before taking out the deductable.

I have a few pictures from the next day when I was trying to remove the aftermarket HU and Subwoofers so that insurance could come get the car from the junkyard.

The pictures on on my myspace if somone could post them for me that would be great.
If someone does post my pics you can post all of the wrecked X pics + the collar bone X-ray, The one of the Explorer that looks decent and not totaled is my new 99 limited V8

So that is my story and why I am requestin to join "Roll Over Posse Club"

l_22458bcaa403842519e5c2b45a0e1c4b.png

Jesus dude, thats some scary stuff. Glad you're alright - and the lesson here is without a doubt crystal clear: WEAR YOUR SEATBELTS. You and your friends were very lucky, but you especially. If my friends get in my car, they either buckle up, or we don't go anywhere.

Damn... glad to hear that you made out "alright" -- could have been much worse.

I agree with Paraphoe: I always ware mine, and I expect that everyone else does too. It's too great a risk not to.

Yeah, even before that I wore it like 95% of the time (serious) but, it was was just one of those times where I didn't have it on. Now days though there is not a point in time where me or any of my passangers don't have them on.

Back