Roll Pan | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Roll Pan

Hartman - i came across those pictures at cardomain also.... i saved them at work. pretty nice looking

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That looks awesome. I cant wait till ours get made. I'm gonna ask the same question i've asked like 3 times already, how much are they guna cost us?

things are coming along, not really sure as to how much they are going to cost as of yet, but as soon as i have a ballpark figure i will let everyone know.....

I've seen Black Diamond in person and you all haven't. :D

thats not very nice hartman :rolleyes: haha

I get to see the original black diamond

Everdayand get to drive it. I am also interested in the rollpan. Thanks,Don

Is there any news on the roll pan! How about a picture of the roll pan before and after. Are the roll pans going to be metal or fiberglass?

Subscribin to the thread.
Ps Looks like they are gonna be fiberglass :mad:

OH well, guess I'll just have to do my own with steel.

Chris

is this thread a bust? it shouldnt take nearly this long to make a roll pan, especially if you are doing it out of fiberglass. Its okay if they aren't going to be made, but at least tell us so we can start looking elsewhere (as many of us have already started to do). I wonder if John V from EE would be interested in having his guy make one? I vote for a steel pan over glass if at all possible.

well, the thread was started about 9 weeks ago, so im assuming that this isnt going to happen.

BTW- what do all of you have against a 'glass rollpan?

Originally posted by james t
well, the thread was started about 9 weeks ago, so im assuming that this isnt going to happen.

BTW- what do all of you have against a 'glass rollpan?

I just like steel pans, plus I dont like glass pans because I dont think that they can be molded seamlessly at as high a quality as a steel can be welded in. Just my opinion.

Chris

I dont know if you guys have seen the pics, but IF Customs has made a steel rollpan for a 95 to 01 4 door Explorer. Their website has a series of pictures as they make it, and it is somewhat difficult compared to some other vehicles. I feel that it is completely do-able and we need to convince some steel fab company to make us some rollpans.

Chris

Originally posted by rokke17
I dont know if you guys have seen the pics, but IF Customs has made a steel rollpan for a 95 to 01 4 door Explorer. Their website has a series of pictures as they make it, and it is somewhat difficult compared to some other vehicles. I feel that it is completely do-able and we need to convince some steel fab company to make us some rollpans.

Chris

Can we have a link?!?

you can have this link....

Dead Link Removed ...

I am guessing thats the roll pan he was talking about.... its really nice but look at the custom work involved... its not that bad but would take a little while to build in the garage.
If I could get the end caps all bent (anyone know where?) then the rest shouldnt be to bad.

that just looks like a custom made roll pan, not one that you can buy and they mass produce.

Im not really all that against a fiberglass roll pan, but steel would be more durable, and for the guys going even lower (or bagged) steel is even more important....

A fiberglass one shouldnt be that hard to make should it?

its all in the mold. once the mold is made the pan itself should be very simple.

No company makes one at this time because it would not be a direct bolt on. For the pan to be flush (the purpose of a roll pan) the frame must be shortened....

If one is not made and being sold by the spring I am going to give it a shot and built my own.

I really like the job someone did on here with shortening the stock bumper... that looked cool as hell.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

yeah our bumper's are so ugly stock because they stick out way to far.

We need someone bold enough to try and make a mold. I would, but i have little knowledge on how to do it. Any ideas on good sites to research glass work? I talked to a body shop guy and maybe ill get him to make me one, but he's super cool so he'll let me chill in his shop and help him make it. I'll have to talk to him.

Back