Rollpan or Saleen Rear bumper? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Rollpan or Saleen Rear bumper?

Rollpan or Saleen bumper?

• Rollpan

Votes: 23 56.1%
  • Saleen Bumper

Votes: 18 43.9%

• Total voters

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i vote rollpan

Even though the rear bumper setup is the same, the contours of the body and wheel wells that the Saleen cover flows into are not the same.

the saleen bumper is "different", though im sure its an assload of money, and after all that money, plus work to paint and install it, i think the rollpan would be much cooler - i mean, the saleen bumper isnt that much of a difference. (not to mention, i hate those little "fins" in the saleen bumper.)

The saleen is still better then stock. Have you found out how much it's going to cost for a rollpan?

I say the roll pan i plan on doing one on my truck maybe getting a ranger one and modifing it.

Makes much more sense to start with an F150 rollpan.

Where are you going to get a saleen bumper cover? I'll assume it's the one on ebay. Took a goog look at mine, i don't think it will look right without the rest of the kit. Unless of course your the guy that won the side skirts off ebay a couple of weeks ago. Still, it seems most tough to get the front piece. Since i've had my x I've kept track of all the parts on ebay, just in case i need spares, so far i've not seen a single front ground effects piece. So in less you in it for the long haul, go with the roll pan.

Roll pan all the way, it'll look sick

I think that you should go with the rollpan, not only is it custom but I think that a Saleen Bumber should go on a Saleen and a Saleen only, that is just me though. A rollpan would look totally bad ass if you as me, and it looks like everyone else has the same idea about it. If the rollpan gets molded and everything looks streamline that will look totally bad ass and clean as hell. Dont take offense to the Saleen comment, that is just my opinion and it has those dang goofy fins on it.

14 or so votes for rollpan so far.

rollpan... it looks like it will stick out too much and look goofy with your wing.....

Originally posted by jimabena74
rollpan... it looks like it will stick out too much and look goofy with your wing.....

Did everyone here that?!? jimabena74 called Saleen Explorer's rearends goofy looking! Since I have a Saleen Wing. So if I got the saleen bumper it would look goofy, Just like a real Saleen! LOL

J/K!

Aside from my doubts that it will even fit, I think the Saleen bumper will look out of place.

I agree with hartman.

No roll pan yet??

ATTN: Blackmagic

I was just lookin over your web page "very nice." I was wondering where you got your moonroof done. That is one of the nicest I've seen. What brand is it and how much did it run you to get it installed.

Well i would go saleen rear, you really have to see these things in person to give respect, i dont know about you guys but i hardly ever have seen a saleen explorer, there is a guy i work with that has one and it is just amazing. Just my .02.

OH by the way BLACKMAGIC, My 2003 Black X sport will be here in about two weeks. XLT premium 2wd Sprt. Cant wait to start modding....:cool:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

IMO both would look real sweet.....go w/your first choice.
Good luck
Tom

Back