Rollpan or Saleen Rear bumper? | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Rollpan or Saleen Rear bumper?

Rollpan or Saleen bumper?

• Rollpan

Votes: 23 56.1%
  • Saleen Bumper

Votes: 18 43.9%

• Total voters
I'm going to go with the less popular choice and vote for the Saleen bumper... (I've always got a thing for rooting on the underdog;-)) In all seriousness, I think the Saleen rear would look awesome with the painted rockers, which you said you're doing already.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey BM, did you ever decide what youre going to do to the rear ? I think the roll pan would look sweet... you would need the full saleen kit to get the full effect. btw: hows the s/c coming ?

yeah, if you dont' get going i'm gonna make my own...

Here is what it looks like as a plug. I will have the mold done on Sunday and start making them, ASAP after that!

DSC02834.jpg

Can you post pics of how it attaches?

Those radius on the corners seems kinda big

the curve has to be so great on the pan to match up with the curves of the rear splash guards.
U have to keep in mind this is an 01 sport.. which has unique splash guards..

Here is a pic of another 01 sport that has a rollpan thats been completed and painted.. You can see that it has just as much of a radius on the ends. if it didnt have that much radius.. it wouldnt line up properly with the splash guards.
188621_102_full.jpg

Looks awesome! I would like similiar set-up for my 99' Mounty, Are you looking to mass produce these?

AnabolicFrolic, is correct. Altho I don't think that they are unique to the 01+'s I just made the sides match the rear splash guards and it really matches the lins of the Truck. The radius match the splash guards and accents the front of the truck too.

ammo troop Yea, they will be available ASAP. I will post when they are made.

Here's my honest opinion. I think it looks good, but I still think you should take more off the bottom. Reason being, when looking at it from the side, it will hang lower than the splashguards and the rest of the body.

The fabrication looks awesome though. ;)

You really can't see that part. It only hangs past the line of the splash gards like 1.5"s anyway, and that is in the very middle. I looks just like a natural flow of the splash guards.

I apperiate your opinion, and thinks for the compliment.

I just made it look how I wanted to since I got to make it and not just buy something that's out there (this is the reason to own an Explorer, you get to customize everything on them!) No one wants to make them for us.

I love building this stuff! I want a job making custom body parts and trucks!!!

Update on the pan, The "Plug" is now sanded down to 1000 and I will wax and buff it tonight and hopefully make the mold too! Should be about done by this weekend!

Back