rotating knuckles on D44? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

rotating knuckles on D44?

For those of you who have already done a SAS, or even those who just might know... Did you rotate the inner C knuckles, and if so, how many degrees? Could you also post how much lift over stock you are and what size tire you run? Not too sure if I'll need to angle my pinion up or not. I'm probably going to run 35's, but not sure on how much lift yet. Want to get some info before I get my axle cut down. I know that every SAS has been and will be different, I'm just trying to get a decent guideline. Thanks!

So nobody has any info?

You'd want to point your pinion towards your t-case if you're going to run a cv shaft, but if you're going to run a single u-joint on each end of the d-shaft, then you'd want the angle of the t-case output the same as the pinion of the front axle.
I don't know if you'll need to rotate your knuckles, but if you do, just cut the weld out and beat that thing off, once you get the angle you want, you have to beat it back on. I've read that you could put it in the oven to evenly heat the knuckle, then run it out and slip it on.

Back