• Register Today It's free!

Rough Rider

Diddy74

Reaction score
City, State
Bronx
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 XLT
I have replaced Ball Joints Upper and Lowers, End Links, Sway Bar Bushings,Shocks Monroe Sensatrac, Wheel Balance/Rotation Pressure checked, Aligment after alignment, and still I can feel steering wheel kickback from every bump and lump in the road, and it bounces and bucks on bad or uneven pavement, and when I hit one on a turn feels like its gonna fishtail! All the shops ive been too say everything "looks" tight. Tie Rods they claim are fine..I'm going to have those replaced next regardless. Anything im missing? :(

Diddy74 said:
Anything im missing? :(
yeah, its an SUV, so its doing what its supposed to do - buck, bump and roll ;)
fishtailing after hitting a bump on a turn? the solution would be to slow down a bit :thumbsup:

thread move-age! currently in "Transmissions and Transfer Cases"

Stop throwing $$$ at it. If you want car-ish handling check out the Explorer Express suspension kit:

Now your post is not clear as to what the problem is.
I assume you have had this truck for a while and it's just now starting to give you issues? if so then please detail what it is thats occuring.

there are several things that can cause a clunk or vibration in the front end, but throwing money at it is not the way to go, because guess what it is always the last part you replace which means you can spend until your out of cashm and still ahve the problem.

Back