Round or Retangular aux. lights? Need your opinion! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Round or Retangular aux. lights? Need your opinion!

Pjibs

Reaction score
City, State
Wittenberg University
Year, Model & Trim Level
'03 Sport Trac XLT 4x4
Hey people,

I don't know how to post a poll, but I would like some outside opinions on what would be better: round or rectangular aux./off-road lights. These lights would be mounted on my roof rack, there will only be two of them. I am torn between the two and was wondering what you would do. If you have pics of any tracs w/ lights feel free to post!
get-attachment.jpg
get-attachment-1.jpg

:roll:
Thanks!
J.B.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Depends, generally circle lights look good but sometimes square lights look good to.
So I'd say circle unless you find some sexy square lights

I'm gonna say round lights because you only want two of them, besides your other Aux/driving/fog lights are round.

It is my opinion that rectangle lights look better when you have a whole row of them, say 4 or more accross the top of your sport trac.

It is a Dang shame that Ford does not export the Sport Trac to Australia, it is a mighty fine looking truck. I'm curious, is the Sport Trac able to carry more wieght in the back?

To match your rack I'd mount rectangular lights on the front side of the rack from the bottom bar. Whatever the height is of the rack top to bottom, get lights that are the same height. JMO. Better air flow and the lines will match. Mount them in the center two holes.

I think that with two round lights it'll just look like Mickey Mouse ears, just saying...

M.I.C. K.E.Y.

M.O.U.S.E... :wavey::bsnicker:

^ they'd look like mickey mouse if he gets some huge lights and puts them on the edge. Otherwise they'd look fine
And ^^ that's a good point, might as well match

Toss your round PIAAs up there and see how they look. Go from there.

arg! i dont know!

I'm going to make some cardboard cut outs

i had both , round and square on top of my Ex,,
i ended up with 4 rounds,, looked the best without the basket,

but

with the square basket, use square, they will fit in with the rack better,,

I have rectangular on my push-bar and they look SICK !

Id usually say round but a buddy of mine just got a Grand Cherokee with a brush guard and basket, the brush guard has round lights and the basket has square to go with the angles of the metal, and man does it look mean.
So the two different shaped lights wouldn't look odd in my opinion.

Those look good. Call me cheap but I can't justify spending that much for lights, just me. I know that's cheap for those but damn.

Dude get round. 4 would look tight

That's why I'm making the cut-outs! I'll post pics of the mock up

Back