Rumor Control: Explorer Sport? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Rumor Control: Explorer Sport?

Well of course you guys with the big 4drs dont count :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I wanted a Sport, just couldn't find one. The wifes is real fun to drive, goes faster than mine! Life ain't fair!!

Those '01 sports are so badass, i love them a lot more then the new explorers. And considering they had a lot of attention on them at the Chicago Auto Show I don't think its gonna happen anytime soon. At least 3 years or so. If they have kept with it this long i dont think they will go away with it.

"the Escape seems to be a big hit for Ford, and it also seems to fill the same "market niche" as the Sport."

The Ford Escape, nice as it is, can't pull the load that the Sport can (3,850) and certainly isn't as fast. While the addition of an Independent Rear Suspension (IRS) would be a welcome addition, look what it did to the redesigned 4 door X. Those shock holders on the 4X couldn't be more than 5 inches off of the ground (I hope someone will chime in here with the correct measurement).

As to the relative lack of sightings, besides the Firestone scare and 4 door only buyers, the Sport caters to a smaller audience (like us). Having had a '91 and a '94 Navajo, I can tell you straight: the redesigned X Sport is the sleeper SUV of the decade and there are absolutlely no problems after 25K.

I don't care if Motor Trend reviews 5 GM products against only one Ford for their dubiously prestigious SUV thingie. Also, the X Sport has had very few reviews because of the foreign newbies climbing on board as well as the media hype on new design of the X-4Dr.

Ford would do well not to retire the newly redesigned X Sport, it is one of the best SUV's you can buy.

I personally have heard nothing about the Sports being discontinued, but I can see if I can find out.

I'm also going to move this on over to the News forum.

Back