Rust inhibitor comparison test. | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Rust inhibitor comparison test.

I'm not sure if this has ever been posted before. I found it while researching which rust inhibitor to buy when i do my rocker panels. It compares Rust Bullet, POR-15 and Eastwood Rust Encapsulator. I thought this might help someone out who is also stuck on which to buy. I did not perform this test myself, I am simply passing on someone else's results.

http://www.drjing.com/Mini/BLOG/SideBySide.htm

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I went with a quart of the Eastwood encapsulator to put on my new rockers. It was free shipping. I got a quart of it.

I should have bought it last week when i repainted my bumper. I only coated it with rustoleum rust converter before my top coat of bedliner. I guess ill see which one works better come winter time with all the rock salt.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks Jason. Used some VHT epoxy paint this morning because it was in the cabinet. Will check out your stuff. Still working off paint fume headache and paint high.

Nice work by the way!

Thanks. It could be totally useless, only time will tell. It hasnt been tested yet. I'm going to hit the underside again and empty the last can and a half this weekend.

Eastwood ships very quickly, not to mention free shipping right now. I ordered yesterday, and it will be here today. I guess its fair to mention I do live within the state, but that is still impressive to me. Hopefully their product is as good as their service.

Back