• Register Today It's free!

Sagging Rear

Bigg_billy

Reaction score
City, State
Westford Mass
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Explorer XLS 4L AT
On my 2000 Explorer, 115,000 miles it seems like the rear is lower than the front. Looking at the leaf springs they look straighter than the arc you usually see. What solutions have you guys done to "help" this out? Shackles? Helper Springs? And where do you get what you get? I think it actually effects topping off the gas tank because it takes about 10 clicks to top it off once it gets close.

Thanks,

Bill

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I started by lowering the front, but my 31's were rubbing, so I made shackles to bring it back up. Some people have had the springs re-arched or installed add-a-leafs

Thanks, just wondering if anyone else addressed the problem. I like the sound of re-arcing, but I guess it's easier to replace them.

Take care,

Bill

My 2000 sport sags :mad: There are lots of post on here about what to do. I have purchased some springs from a 4 door. I have shackles and air shocks all ready to install once the weather gets a little nicer ;)

any one know if the sagging rear springs are a performance issue (i.e. stiffer ride or less control over bumps) or if putting 4 door leafs on a sport will do the same?

Back