• Register Today It's free!

SAS almost done 1991 Explorer

daddy_ja

Reaction score
City, State
glendale AZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 Explorer EB
I have been working on my SAS all week now, just a few things left to finish up!!

433474_112_full.jpg
433474_113_full.jpg
433474_114_full.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That thing looks sweet! good work so far. keep it up. :D :thumbsup:

Thanks, it's alot of work when your doing it by yourself. took me about 3-4 solid days.

that looks great. might have already posted this elsewhere but what are the specs on it? d30? did you have to move it foward any? did you use the 8.8 ?

im cursious on specs too

mitch said:
that looks great. might have already posted this elsewhere but what are the specs on it? d30? did you have to move it foward any? did you use the 8.8 ?

It's a HP D44 out of a 79 Bronco narrowed 6". What it has...
4340 Chromo shafts/ Warn premiums/ ARB as soon as it's drivable.
Steering is made up of 1.25 DOM with 3/4 heims on all ends

I used Wild horses 5.5 RC coils W/ BBP coil buckets/shock mount. They look SIC!!!!!

I retained the 8.8 because it already has Dutchman shafts and an ARB, i think im going to get the Super 8.8 kit for it though. right now i am running spacers in the rear to get the right lug pattern, and i like the width they gave me. the Super 8.8 is supposed to give you extra width without using scary spacers, and eliminating the c-clips.

I did move the axle forward about 2", you almost have to move it forward to make it all fit right. Im currently using stock Bronco radius arms in Sky Jacker brackets with degreed bushings, but will probably heim them before to long. It depends on how they flex. I am thinking about wristing the passenger arm as well, but we will see.

MadMike6786 said:
looks pretty sick so far man. one of the nicer SAS's i have seen
Thank you

Sweet! I wanna see some flex shots once its finished. Nice work!

same

looks good-cant wait to see some action pics

Oh dont worry, i will deffinately post up some flex shots once it's done. That is as long as there not embarassing flex shots. :D

Looking good. Sounds like it's got all the right stuff. Can't wait to get out and wheel with you:chug:

I had to LOL at your saying 3-4 days was a long time... Mine took 6 months, Hammer's took over a year, and Michael was lucky to get his done in "only" 6 weeks.

Sure saves a ton of time when you can do it yourself :thumbsup:

Rick said:
Looking good. Sounds like it's got all the right stuff. Can't wait to get out and wheel with you:chug:

I had to LOL at your saying 3-4 days was a long time... Mine took 6 months, Hammer's took over a year, and Michael was lucky to get his done in "only" 6 weeks.

Sure saves a ton of time when you can do it yourself :thumbsup:

I'm on month 13 LOL!

But i've spent most of that time gathering parts and finding deals :D

Well i spent about 10 months gathering everything. i was just talking about the actual install.

ah ok...just image what a glorious shopping trip it would be if you had done EVERYTHING in 3 days lol

CodePoet said:
ah ok...just image what a glorious shopping trip it would be if you had done EVERYTHING in 3 days lol

i wish i had that kind of dough. Of course if i did it would be 4-linked!!! and so would the rear.

Back