Satellite / SR -"Connect error - see Dealer" | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Satellite / SR -"Connect error - see Dealer"

dpxtwo

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
'06 EB V8- FM50, Ram Air
All of the sudden we are getting a message saying "connect error - see dealer" when we go to SR on our radio which is for the Satellite radio. We have never used the satellite but use this for our external inputs for our MP3 players. All of the sudden we are getting this error and can't access our MP3 inputs SR1 & SR2 (SR is the Sirius satellite input).
Any ideas? I really don't want to have to take it to the stealership to resolve this.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Disconnected the battery last night for 10 minutes and then reconnected. The radio had to startup again and go through language settings but the connect error remains.

Mine does that periodically. I just have to disconnect the I-Pod for a few seconds and plug it back in.

Thanks for sharing - tried unplugging and plugging and turning off and on my MP3 player many times but the error remains.

I sometime have the same problem with mine. I have the factory nav and use the Brandmotion iPod adapter. If this occurs, here is what I do. Disconnect my iPod, change source on radio to something other than SR. Plug iPod back in and wait about 10 seconds for it to recognize, then put source to SR. This works every time for me.

Ok, this issue has been resolved. We have a PX-AUX unit made by Peripheral that plugs into the radio via a harness that then plugs into the factory wiring harness. I contacted the company and they said to try resetting the module by taking it apart and touching a screwdriver to the contacts point of a capacitor on the back of the circuit board.
I did this and we can now access the SR tab and our SR1 and SR2 inputs.
This also fixed a problem we noticed with the Accessory Delay and the radio not staying on when the key was removed and also an issue with our Navigation not working properly (not exactly knowing where we were located and not giving directions).

Back