Schematic for Crsuise Control buttons w/ EATC? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Schematic for Crsuise Control buttons w/ EATC?

yeahokay

Reaction score
City, State
Colorado
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Explorer EB 5.0
99 Explorer EB 5.0 w/ ETAC. Is there a schematic anywhere for the cruise control buttons?

It doesnt look like there is aftermarket buttons for this or I would just buy them. My problem is it appears only the 'off' button works. I took the assembly out and cleaned it very well and it looks like there are some bad solder joints and corrosion. Id like to try and fix it before I buy a used one off ebay but without a schematic im not sure what to even test. At this point the cruise control test doesnt work, I only get the startup light while holding off, pressing on does not do anything.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

99 Explorer EB 5.0 w/ ETAC. Is there a schematic anywhere for the cruise control buttons?

It doesnt look like there is aftermarket buttons for this or I would just buy them. My problem is it appears only the 'off' button works. I took the assembly out and cleaned it very well and it looks like there are some bad solder joints and corrosion. Id like to try and fix it before I buy a used one off ebay but without a schematic im not sure what to even test. At this point the cruise control test doesnt work, I only get the startup light while holding off, pressing on does not do anything.
Why not buy a replacement switch from rock auto $72.00 for both switches

See wiring diagrams

Screenshot_20230511-135139.png

Screenshot_20230511-135124.png

If your switches look like the following, they're (or at least were a few years back when I got mine for my '98) around $20 delivered on ebay or amazon.
3.jpg

The EATC has heater controls as well as audio. The rockauto buttons are not the same.

Those diagrams aren’t the same, as the pinouts are slightly different.

I don't know if it's the original pic or the forum image manipulation causing it but the result is I can't read the ohm values and more on Pete's attached image.

cc ohms.png

If your switches look like the following, they're (or at least were a few years back when I got mine for my '98) around $20 delivered on ebay or amazon.
View attachment 441715
They look the same on rock auto website.

The EATC has heater controls as well as audio. The rockauto buttons are not the same.

Those diagrams aren’t the same, as the pinouts are slightly different.
Yeah you got it, as far as I can tell these buttons are not available as aftermarket parts. I was hoping to confirm the buttons/board is broken before I buy a used one. So far everything checks out Im like 90% sure this is the actual controls that are broken. I have found one little other internet history that had the same problem I am having and it turned out to be the control button thing.

fyi, for anyone curious this is the part number, and this is a picture of the part.

F80F-18C844-AB

IMG_5872.jpg

IMG_5873.jpg

Back