Screen Quality

superwario

Reaction score
City, State
St. Louis, MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 X
Hey guys,

I don't have my X yet, but can you guys tell me a little bit about the quality of the screen?

When you guys are watching a movie or video, is it noticeably low quality?

It seems like 800 X 378 is a very low resolution, even my phone does better than that.

What screen resolution are Alpine or Panasonic's aftermarket 7" screens for comparison purposes?

Thanks!

EDIT: I googled alpines 7" resolution and theirs seems to be 800 X 480. So the X screen is bigger with lower resolution. I hope my eyes can't tell a differnce.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Touchscreen quality is pretty good. Not bad, just some lag with the MFT in general though.

No complaints on the touchscreen resolution here. The system is a hair slow to respond, but I'm generally satisfied with it.

Has anyone found an aftermarket screen protector like the ones for iPod and phones that'll protect the screen, keep fingerprints to a minimum and still allow full tactile function?

The MFT screen is the same resolution as the others you mentioned, 800x480. The 800x378 is the left-over area of the screen after the permanent top and bottom bars are factored in. See the screenshot I threw together below.

mft_resolution.jpg

Has anyone found an aftermarket screen protector like the ones for iPod and phones that'll protect the screen, keep fingerprints to a minimum and still allow full tactile function?

I saw there is one specifically made for the MFT screen by someone in another thread but can't remember where. If you search I think you'll find it. I'll try to find it if I can. You order on the web and I thought it was pretty cheap. $12 or so.

Ordered some from NuShield have not had a chance to put them on the MFT or DVD screens. Here is the info on the item #s from what their customer support emailed me:
The Navigation screen is the same size as for the Ford F-150 ‘09-10.

The DVD headrest screen is the same size as for the Dynavin D90.

Please order for these items here:

http://www.NuShield.com/buy.php

Very Important!
Please put "FORD EXPLORER '11- NU380A / FORD '11 INVISION DVD - NU369A in the Customer Comments box

Ordered some from NuShield have not had a chance to put them on the MFT or DVD screens. Here is the info on the item #s from what their customer support emailed me:
The Navigation screen is the same size as for the Ford F-150 ‘09-10.

The DVD headrest screen is the same size as for the Dynavin D90.

Please order for these items here:

http://www.NuShield.com/buy.php

Very Important!
Please put "FORD EXPLORER '11- NU380A / FORD '11 INVISION DVD - NU369A in the Customer Comments box

I just came across this thread today. I visited the Nushield website today, looks like they have the screen protector for 2011 Ford Explorer (under car navigation)...also they have screen protector for headrest dvd player too (under custom size product list) if anyone is interested.

I put the Nushield on my MFT system on my '11 Edge. I had an alcohol swab from an old screen protector kit, wetted the cleaning cloth that came with my owner's manual and wiped the screen.

Then took a can of compressed air, made sure there weren't any dust particles on my screen and installed the shield. Man, looks like glass. A bit more resistant to fingerprints than the stock screen.

Back