Screencasting Phone to Sync3

aisleofmyford

Reaction score
City, State
Oakley
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 platinum
17 X P

I cannot seem to find a way to mirror my android to the display. I am aware of the kits available for other vehicles however I am unable to find anything for my Platinum...
While Driving for Uber and using their application for navigation, instead of mounting my phone to the dash somehow (anything mounted on the window will warrant a ticket from the law here in California, no exceptions) I would like to place phone in glove box/ center console, while mirroring its display to syncs built-in monitor.
Thank you for any input.

jamie

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Why not just get the WeatherTech Cupfone? https://www.amazon.com/WeatherTech-CupFone-Universal-Adjustable-Portable/dp/B07KY1XKRQ
Universal Portable Cell Phone Holder - CupFone | WeatherTech

Peter

Clip_4.jpg

I would rather not sacrifice my cup holder..need'm

and honestly, it just looks tacky in my opinion

Does the app not work with android auto?

I use a magnetic mount for my phone. I placed it on the top of the dash just above the radio in front of the air vent. It works like a champ for me. I not sure how to mirror your phone to the Sync I use Android Auto or Apple Car Play depending on which phone I have with me.

https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-Universal-Stick-Dashboard-Holder/dp/B07BZPFZDZ/ref=sxin_3_pb?crid=1OMAT4I1YMEXG&keywords=magnetic+phone+car+mount&pd_rd_i=B07BZPFZDZ&pd_rd_r=3907605d-d893-4880-ae66-40c4f4f90bd6&pd_rd_w=oswp1&pd_rd_wg=g4I8Z&pf_rd_p=9ef0c97a-254b-445c-822b-c948e2d94ddd&pf_rd_r=WR87AFWJ2YV39RKPP9DA&qid=1561395928&s=gateway&sprefix=magnetic+phone,aps,260

Something similar to this...
Plug n Play Wireless Mirroring kit for all Ford Sync 2 and Sync 3.

Nice idea with the magnetic mount thingamabob, but still too far from my reach...

Reviving old thread
I want to add video to sync3, but not mortgage my house to do it. One kit I found is 350.00 and one is 550.00. In the past, I have used Pioneer and Alpine head units, both of which have video inputs and outputs. I have 2 headrests with 7” monitors and could play movies for my girls. The modules I have found allow video on screen even in motion. I want to have the audio/video go thru the system and the video to the headrests. I have looked for a media player that I could mount under the seat to accomplish this and if may even have to be an android mini computer of sorts. I have 600+ movies on 1 tb SD passport portable hard drive. I am not content without a project.

Back