USB and Phone Capatability | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

USB and Phone Capatability

DraftEdison

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
16 Explorer XLT 202A AWD
Hello All!
I have searched this forum but am not finding my answers.... I am curious how I find out what phones are compatible with my MFT. I know the Ford owners website has a list but I am looking for what phones do the most with this system. Like I want to listen to the music on my phone through MFT. Is this possible? Also, can I use/show my apps through the system, like navigation, Google maps, weather radar etc.? What phones do this if any? I tried hooking my Galaxy S4 to the USB port but it only played one song automatically and then quit. What else works in the USB port besides a thumb drive? Thanks

There was a list of phones a while ago but was deleted since technology changes so quickly and it seems a new phone comes out about every week.
I did a search on "playing music" in the 2011-2016 IVT sub forum and came up with several threads, mostly issues, regarding playing music from your phone on MFT.

Peter

Pretty much all android and iOS phones work with MFT as long as they are using a somewhat newer operating system. I've used various versions of each successfully as well as iPods, iPads, thumb drives and other music players over the last 6 years. Sometimes you may need to "reverse pair" to get full functionality from a device. To reverse pair when you start the pairing process hit the button at the bottom of the screen that says something to the effect of pair other Bluetooth devices. It then prompts you to search for SYNC on your device. No apps can be controlled by MFT, unlike basic SYNC or SYNC 3.

Back