Sct itsx | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Sct itsx

brad8314

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 explorer 4.6l
Hello,

Just wondering if anyone is using the sct itsx tuner, if so how do u like it?
I"m in the market for a tuner and since I have an iPad thought it looked kinda cool. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks

No one's using it eh, Henson says they can get them in, so I may have to be a guinea pig and try it out.

First off let me say I got my sct itsx from a local dealer cuz brokerage and duty would of been steep. I probably would of had better support if I had bought from Henson.

Here is the detail of my bad experience with the sct tsx,

bought the itsx plugged it in and let it do all of it's updates.

go to download the the stock flash only to get unsupported Vehicle message and told to call tech support.

I doubled checked the sct website, yep says my 2002 4.6l explorer is supported.

I'm still sitting in the parking lot of the performance shop so I take my ipad into the store to show the guy the error code.

so he calls up sct support , , we explain that the obd dongle is communicating fine with the ipad but is showing unsupported vehicle.

so he asks me to go back and get some info from my vehicles computer, hey say that it is supported but cannot use the default tunes and that he will e-mail me a custom tune I thought that was pretty cool.

so I drove home and checked my email sure enough there was my custom tune.
download the custom tune ,and start the programming steps the itsx does some checks then tries to download the stock tune and fails :(

ok after 2-3 more tries it downloads the stock tune verifies it and looks to be all good.
next step it tries to program the custom tune, programs then goes to preparing ecu
and fails again!

gives me the message a problem with programming detected if car fails to start return to stock.
so I try to start the truck, sure enough I get nothing no start.

ok no problem click on return to stock..... only problem is now it fails on the return to stock! so now I'm left with a truck that won't start aaarrrgggghh :(

does anyone know if you can take the ecu to ford and have them reflash it on a bench or do they need it in the vehicle to reflash it?

I've used a few programmers but they were all for imports, hondata, Crome, uberdata ect. I must say this is not shaping up to be a very good experience so far.

any one know what ford charges for a reflash?

Thanks

Back