Seabeck 4x4 00' 4x4 Ranger Prerunner | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Seabeck 4x4 00' 4x4 Ranger Prerunner

Thought this build would be helpful for people looking to put the DBR 4x4 kit on their Ranger or Explorer.

Specs:
-00' Ford Ranger 4x4 V6 SOHC Extracab
-DBR LT kit
-DBR clevis steering kit
-Fox 2.5x8 c/o w/ raised lower spring collars
-Fox 2.0x3 bumps
-Eibach 18"L 650# coils
-Deaver F31 pack
-Fox 2.5x16
-Fox 2.0x4 bumps
-Fiberwerx 6" bulge front glass
-Seabeck 4x4 bedcage
-Seabeck 4x4 front bumper
-Seabeck 4x4 rear bumper

Before with 3" body lift:
P6060054.jpg

P6060055.jpg

P6060066.jpg

Fenders/bumper off, bodylift removed from cab. (thank God)
P6060070.jpg

Stay tuned for updates, just waiting on parts.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Almost done with the front bumper, just need to pick up the skidplate tomorrow, trim off the ends, throw in the endcaps, paint and mount lights. Light tabs may need some revamping/extra beef on account of the bigass 8" Solteks. Should be sweet!:D
P7260002.jpg

I am expecting the spring collars and rear shocks come in the next couple of days so we can take care of the bedcage and wrap this baby up.

Josh...

Im over here in Bremerton, and have a few projects that I need to get done. Where are you getting your steel from?

Ryan

can't wait to see the finished product:salute::D

this thing is so sick:cool:

Thanks guys. The lights came in today, so i finished welding the bumper up and fabbed up some burly light tabs for these huge behemoth lights. The little tricktabs weren't gonna hang so I made some fatty 3/16" trick-tabbish tabs for em. The skidplate is all done up too and endcaps are in, just needs paint. I was going to wait for paint to bolt everything up and take pics but maybe I'll spend a few minutes just for you guys and throw it together for that virgin metal look:D

Gimme a few and I'll throw up a fresh pic.:cool:

Great looking build. I really like the front bumper/skidplate and how it protects the radiator. Could you take more pictures of how and where it ties into the IFS crossmember?

geeze those puppies will light up a small town!!

Great looking build. I really like the front bumper/skidplate and how it protects the radiator. Could you take more pictures of how and where it ties into the IFS crossmember?

Thanks! This pic pretty much sums up the IFS tie-in. Just two tubes welded to the crossmember. I thought about welding a plate across first for the tubes to weld to, but did not feel it was necesary.
P7230002.jpg

Today was a fun day of getting the front end buttoned up. Had to redo the side bumper tubes that tie it into the frame due to tire clearance...DOH!:rolleyes:
P8060001.jpg

P8060002.jpg

P8060004.jpg

P8070005.jpg

P8070018.jpg

P8070019.jpg

P8070023.jpg

P8070022.jpg

P8070025.jpg

Obviously still needs an alignment and the tranny cooler mounted. Also need to charge the front bumps and I might give it a bit more preload, but other than that the front end is done.

The bedcage begins tomorrow:D

I fixed it so the pics would line up- James

Awesome buildup- you may have said already, but what's the wheel/tire package this thing is getting?

....I haven't been able to read this for a while but I can look at pictures just fine....:D

...Keep them coming and I'm sure I'll have a couple questions too..:biggthump

I'm not sure what he will end up going with, but he was thinking about going with 16" ProComp Extreme Alloys in black wrapped with either 33" BFG KM2's or MTR's. I had to cut out a helluva lotta stock sheetmetal up front so the max tire size as it sits right now is pretty much 33". Okay back to work!;)

The tubing for the bumpers is 1.75" correct?

Back