Seabeck 4x4 00' 4x4 Ranger Prerunner | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Seabeck 4x4 00' 4x4 Ranger Prerunner

Thought this build would be helpful for people looking to put the DBR 4x4 kit on their Ranger or Explorer.

Specs:
-00' Ford Ranger 4x4 V6 SOHC Extracab
-DBR LT kit
-DBR clevis steering kit
-Fox 2.5x8 c/o w/ raised lower spring collars
-Fox 2.0x3 bumps
-Eibach 18"L 650# coils
-Deaver F31 pack
-Fox 2.5x16
-Fox 2.0x4 bumps
-Fiberwerx 6" bulge front glass
-Seabeck 4x4 bedcage
-Seabeck 4x4 front bumper
-Seabeck 4x4 rear bumper

Before with 3" body lift:
P6060054.jpg

P6060055.jpg

P6060066.jpg

Fenders/bumper off, bodylift removed from cab. (thank God)
P6060070.jpg

Stay tuned for updates, just waiting on parts.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Do you have any pics with the fenders all painted? hows the kit working?

Still doesn't have paint lol, still getting lots of wierd looks around here! I've only owned the truck for a couple of weeks and been way too busy to take it out unfortunately. Planning on getting a weekend trip going in a couple of months when things free up. From what I hear from my buddy I bought it off of, the kit worked great. I'll report back when I have some "real" pics! (action)
P4140013.jpg

P4140014.jpg

P4140015.jpg

P4140016.jpg

is that a bug shield? LOL

truck looks so nice I love the ride height

is that a bug shield? LOL

my first reaction when I saw that too!

So how do you pull it off that you sell a guy an expensive suspension system and get paid to install it on a truck, then end up buying the truck for probably the same price as the equipment and fab work? Sign me up for a program like that.

Definitely got a good deal on the truck thanks to the previous owner. Had to sell the Toyota to buy it but it was definitely worth it!

Hey there are lots of bugs up here!! Nahhh the bug deflector definitely has to go I agree. Just one of those things that need to be taken care of, much like the damn annoying door chime/dome light problem.

I'm gonna try to get a desert trip together in June...if I still lived in CA I would have taken it out 5 times by now!!:confused:

I'm stealing all your ideas for my front bumper build. Thanks!

I'm stealing all your ideas for my front bumper build. Thanks!
Get er dun. Post pics.

Thanks for the heads up Albino, ill check out the thread.

Bug Deflector has been "retired":D

Race radio is installed. Vertex 2200 VHF programmed with all sorts of race channels. So far I've only picked up the local school bus route playing around with it on my commute:rolleyes: "Mobile 4 to base"..."Base go ahead"..."Call little Timmy's mom he forgot his jacket on the bus"...literally:D
P5120024.jpg

P5120022.jpg

P5120019.jpg

P5120021.jpg

Don't mind the light switch wires stuffed in the glovebox, still need to build some sort of center console:)

Nice build once again, are you going all white or black?

I'm thinking of getting the truck painted by someone that actually knows what they are doing at some point...would like to go with a dark grey metallic.

But in the meantime I'm thinking of just rattle-canning the fiberglass bits black so it doesn't stand out so much:)

You might be able to find that dark bluish color in a spray can at pepboys, i found my factory color there. Even if it's just temporary, it will at least be pretty close for the time being.

Pulled a new axle for the ranger today out of a buddy's cherokee that was heading for the JY. Exploder 8.8...discs...4.56...Detroit...all for $200:cool: Cleaned it up a bit today(after the picc was taken). Need to rig up some brakelines, build some bumpstop striker pads and a tube truss, then I will get it under the truck. Very excited to have gears and a Detroit again...Fun ****.:D

P5230007.jpg

If anyone wants this rock ring let me know - $25
P5230003.jpg

Also welded on a flowmaster that I yanked off the jeep before it headed out. Not sure which one it is but it is wayyy quieter than the single chamber annoying ultra loud one that has been on there for too long haha.

Are you going to be ready for some wheelin at Walker Valley next weekend?

And a BBQ at Kevin's in Mt Vernon. We'll be showing pics and videos from Moab. :thumbsup:

Shoot...probably going to have to take a rain check this time:( Have way too many things to take care of on the Ranger to get it ready for my desert trip in 3 weeks! Fab and install rear end, take out bumpstops, shorten to 2" stroke and reinstall, fab up some sort of spare tire mount in the bed, and the list goes on. I'll keep my eye out for pics! Building Stolle's rocksliders this weekend so that leaves two weekends left! I better get busy!:D

Got the 8.8 installed!:bounce: The motor/trans is much happier now. It's been too long since I've had a Detroit in my daily driver:D Braking has improved as well with the discs...enough talking, time for pics!:salute:

Old POS
P6130048.jpg

New tabs/brackets all welded up...Also welded the tubes to the housing
P6120017.jpg

P6120030.jpg

P6120026.jpg

RuffStuff Specialties diff cover
P6130032.jpg

P6130046.jpg

P6130052.jpg

P6130047.jpg

P6130059.jpg

All did up!:D
P6130060.jpg

AWESOME!!!!! I think we might need to talk when I do my X sometime in the next year hopefully!!! Pretty much exactly what I have been researching but was looking into a cantilevered rear suspension instead of a box in the bed

Back