Solved - Transmission Filter Recommendation | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Solved Transmission Filter Recommendation

Prefix for threads that contain problems that have been resolved, and there is an answer within the thread.
That's funny because I just bought a pro-king filter from Advance Auto(before finding this thread) and it has the dacron filter material, looks exactly like the pictures.

It's for an 01 5r55e 4x4 filter part number FK-268-56011G <shrug>
hmm strange.

Just going to confirm that is true, I bought a ProKing filter at Advance Auto Parts too, was going to get the Fram but they didn't carry it in the store, when I was working I was pleasantly surprised to find that the filter looked exactly like the one I removed, which had the MicroFelt material, and both looked similar to the one photographed in this post.

5R55E Fram filter. I went and purchased the oil filter for a trans fluid flush and notice that the filter is now made in china and microfelt is no longer printered on the black plastic housing half anymore up here in CND. I have been using the Purolator brand filter for the last 4 oil flushes and pulled it apart for a check to see how it was doing. The purolator has two filter layers and a small screen on the intake port but then the fluid has to flow thru the two layers of fine material before entering the main flow channel.
So I guess either Frame Canada has switched suppliers and quality cause the purolator one in CND is not a screen and of good quality filter material. I will wait till the next 30km service to report on the internal material of the fram one. About six months ago I went to the same parts store and got the parts guy to pull a Fram filter from it's box and sure enough it said microfelt on the casing so something has changed lately.

Further note on above filter comment (Fram #FT1087A) is made by Honeywell Consumumer Products Group, Danbury, CT and in Canada it is Imported by Honeywell, Stratford Ontario.

tranny fluid changes

just wondering how often you should change the fluid in a 5 speed and what kind of fluid to use?:salute:

Back