Seafoam

TheChadders

Reaction score
City, State
Parker CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 XLT
I have a few questions
What types of systems do people use seafoam in?
If i where to do the seafoam in my oil would i have to change the oil shortly after i put it in?
I have also read that if you have a rough idol which i do that seafoam can fix that would that be through the gas or oil?

any help would be greatly apreciated
sorry for the noob questions!

You can use SeaFoam in your gas tank, through you vacuum lines and in the crank case. Just follow the directions on the can.

If you use it in your crank case, you will want to change out your oil afterwards.

When I did my truck last time, I put some through the brake booster line, some in the gas tank and some in the crank case. After the truck was SeaFoam was out of the upper intake and done smoking, I changed the oil.

If you use it, I recommend doing it before you change the oil, and spark plugs. I had an issue with it fouling my plugs, so do it PRE TUNEUP.

It's a very powerful cleaning agent. It will loosen up a lot of hard crud inside of your engine. This is why you should only add it to the oil before an oil change. Don't drive more than an hour with it inside of the crankcase.

Back