• Register Today It's free!

Seat belt issue

RedXLTlove

Reaction score
City, State
Visalia, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2021 Yukon SLT, 2020 Ram
Does anyone else have issues with the seat belts in the second row getting twisted? I spend an hour fixing it last night. I ended up taking the trim off and working the belt back and forth and finally got it straightened out.

When they do twisted, they jam and will not move, which is not good. This has happened about 4 different times now. Just wondered if anyone else has seen this or have the same issue?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey Jamie. Haven't found a thread on that issue but others have had them stuck so they won't pull out or retract. Looks like some removed the panel to get it working again. I suspect that you may have to do the same to get things straightened out.

Peter

Hey Jamie. Haven't found a thread on that issue but others have had them stuck so they won't pull out or retract. Looks like some removed the panel to get it working again. I suspect that you may have to do the same to get things straightened out.

Peter
Yes, I did have to remove the panel slightly to get in there. I was curious to see if anyone else had this issue, as this has been happening.

Fingers crossed it does not happen again.

Yes, I did have to remove the panel slightly to get in there. I was curious to see if anyone else had this issue, as this has been happening.

Fingers crossed it does not happen again.
I think it may happen because the belt when used may have been twisted when worn. Then when it is undone and retracts, it gets twisted. Just a guess.

Peter

Knock on wood, but we haven't had this issue.
My daughter uses the 2nd row belt at least a few times a week, and she's not exactly gentle with it.

I'm curious as to how it would get twisted. Maybe the alignment between the "feed" guide in the panel at the top and the "reel" is off?
Do you know if the belt is being fed flat back through the guide?

...........Do you know if the belt is being fed flat back through the guide?
I think that is where the problem lies.

Peter

Back