• Register Today It's free!

Inflatable rear seat belts

Tampa01

Reaction score
City, State
Tampa, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer
Has anyone ordered / taken delivery of new a Explorer with inflatable rear seat belts option? I ordered a new Limited on 2/10 and was told that the inflatable seats belts may not be production ready and may delay the build date.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

As far as I know, they have been delayed.

One salesman here in SoCal told me they would be available for order in May. Another salesman (at another dealer) hadn't even heard of them and I had to explain what they were! :rolleyes:

Seni/Cory: any official word from Ford on this?

Has anyone been able to determine if they will be available as an add on?

i read that these are compatible with baby seats so what happens when they inflate and they're fished through the frame of the seat?

Personally I wouldn't trust a small explosion going off next to my head let alone my child's. I'll take my chances with my broken seat belt and the steering wheel to save my life

The inflatable belts are factory installed only - not available as dealer install, etc.. There are many changes to the trim and seats for the whole system.

Has anyone ordered / taken delivery of new a Explorer with inflatable rear seat belts option? I ordered a new Limited on 2/10 and was told that the inflatable seats belts may not be production ready and may delay the build date.

As per craig on facebook they will start to build these on March 1st. Assuming your build date is after march 1st you shouldn't have any issues...

Thanks for the info on inflatable seat belts. Ordered Limited on 2/10 and have yet to get a build date. I expect a March build date so I should be good. Thanks

Can these be added at a later date to a limited?

Can these be added at a later date to a limited?

According to the guy below, no. If he is wrong, I don't think it would be limited (pun intended) to the limited.

The inflatable belts are factory installed only - not available as dealer install, etc.. There are many changes to the trim and seats for the whole system.

I am right. Just for the record. :)

Back