Seat memory malfunctions | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Seat memory malfunctions

Any chance you would have the TSB number on the invoice/work order?

Peter

Unfortunately, the seat memory issue I found when I picked it up and then drove back to dealer to fix that afternoon. They updated for the TSB while I waited (after they searched for that issue).

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I had a similar issue with my Platinum, seemed the seat was not holding the forward memory position, seemed like it was moving too far forward every time even thought I reset the #1 button on the drivers door with the proper procedure. Recently while the vehicle was off I manually moved the drivers seat all the way to the rear with the button on the side, which is should do with the "easy exit" enabled. I then moved it forward a bit and then moved it back to the rear most position. I then started the vehicle and set the drivers seat to where I wanted in the locked it into memory. Seems to be working fine now.
Hope this helps,

TBill

Well my platinum driver's seat has lost it's way, when you shut off the vehicle is moves all the way forward instead of moving to the rear. This issue was previously discussed on this thread, my wheels are going to the dealer on Monday 5/6. I will report back.

Bill

Well my wheels when to visit my local Ford dealer twice in the last 2 weeks, one of the issues is the "easy exit" feature in the vehicle settings. My drivers seat moves all the way to the front toward the steering wheel instead of to the rear. My dealer service tech has tried reprograming it twice without any resolution of the issue. He ordered a new memory module to hopefully fix this issue. Temporally I have programed memory button 3 to lower and slide the drivers seat to the rear and have turned off the "easy exit" feature in the settings. I also had them replace the outside passengers's mirror as it was loose from the factory, that is now fine.
Bill

Well after 3 visits for the seat issue as well as a couple of other things including “The Works” the seat issue got resolved today by replacing the DSM module, (seat memory module). All good under warranty👍😎

Well after 3 visits for the seat issue as well as a couple of other things including “The Works” the seat issue got resolved today by replacing the DSM module, (seat memory module). All good under warranty👍😎
Just made an appointment at local dealership cause I am having the same issue I am going to tell them to look at this post because they are saying they haven't had this issue come in before,...so thank you for posting!

Just made an appointment at local dealership because I am having the same issue. I am going to tell them to look at this post because they are saying they haven't had this issue come in before,...so thank you for posting!
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:

Peter

Has anyone been able to get this fixed? I am currently on a long drive and everytime I stop to get gas/food etc. and come back, the memory recall (when I recall my saved seat position 1) it just pushes the seat so far in front. It is absolutely annoying because now I have to start from scratch and find that sweet spot of comfort. This gets magnified since it is a long trip and hours behind the wheel. Please help if you have been able to identify the problem or even better, fix it?

And also I have tested with enabled/disabled easy entry exit feature, Not messing with the seat movement when it is moving etc. nothing seems to make this problem go away. Battery is obviously not a problem because I just finished 1542 miles drive non stop. My steering and the back recliner always goes back to the perfect position. It is only the front/back position that is messed up.

Has anyone been able to get this fixed? I am currently on a long drive and everytime I stop to get gas/food etc. and come back, the memory recall (when I recall my saved seat position 1) it just pushes the seat so far in front. It is absolutely annoying because now I have to start from scratch and find that sweet spot of comfort. This gets magnified since it is a long trip and hours behind the wheel. Please help if you have been able to identify the problem or even better, fix it?
This is a link to the post with the fix.

..................................................Battery is obviously not a problem because I just finished 1542 miles drive non stop. .................................................
Wow, 1542 miles non-stop. That's 76.3 mpg. ;)

Peter

This is a link to the post with the fix.

Thanks a lot, will talk to my dealer when I get back home.

Wow, 1542 miles non-stop. That's 76.3 mpg. ;)

Peter

Now I have to drive back the same distance home, leaving tomorrow. I got 24.8 mpg. 3 of us in the car plus all our luggage, cooler etc.

Back