Seeking BTF alignment advice

Conestoga Actual

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Delaware County, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 Explorer EB 4.0L 4WD
This weekend, I installed BTF UCA's, new KYB quick struts, and Supreme 3"/2" leveling strut spacers. New tie rod ends too.
The stance looks awesome!
I have 245/75-17 KO2s on stock rims, no wheel spacers.
I just dropped it off to have the alignment done.
Does it align to stock spec's or different?
Is there anything I forgot or should have also done?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

stock specs will work just fine!

The stock alignment specs are set based on the type of vehicle you have and your changes are not drastic enough to require any change from the norm
The best thing to do is make sure they can align it to factory specs and that they do a good job by checking their work, get the print out and go over it with them

Ive tried factory specs with 2.5 inch spacers.never worked for me (a little bit wrong negative camber)

My major problem with these UCA's is squeaking and knocking came from poly bushings.

Installed zerk fittings but regular moly grease work for couple of days maximum ( grease wont go thru all the sleeve length since the bolts are tightened )

Now waiting for energy suspension silicone grease to arrive...

Just FYI when installing upper control arms you do not torque the control arm bushings until after the vehicle is back on the ground, under its own weight, and at ride height. Otherwise you can tear/stress the bushings and they will be very noisy

Just FYI when installing upper control arms you do not torque the control arm bushings until after the vehicle is back on the ground, under its own weight, and at ride height. Otherwise you can tear/stress the bushings and they will be very noisy
Yea i know

It is not my case.

Thanks all! I did torque the UCA bolts with a jack under the LCA supporting the vehicle weight (enough height to lift off the jack stands).
Thank you!

Just an update, the shop got it almost to factory spec's on alignment, very slight positive camber both sides front. When the new springs settle it should be fine.

Yea i know

It is not my case.
Just making sure! Setting ride height on the UCA bushings is important so the bushing can work within the angles they were designed to work in.

I Try to share the knowledge I have learned over the years in an effort to keep others from making the same mistakes.
Nothing sucks worse then a bad install that destroys your brand new parts.
It is nice that we live in the global information age!
Battle on

Approx after a week,they started to make noises (lack of lubrication on bolt-bushing and bushing-sleeve surfaces i guess).no any effect on driveabilty..just a noise.

Ive regreased and retorqued em couple of times after 100 miles.and after 500 miles too.

Regular lithium bearing grease wont stay more than two days.
Moly marine grade grease wont stay more that a week.they are squeak again in turns and accelerations...

ACC. to BTF
They should be pregreased with ( silicone?) poly bushing grease but became dry very quickly somehow.

ACC to me
Uniball should be lubed like every 3000 miles or so with PTFE lub or u will get sticking steering.

OR

U can just turn some music on

Polybushings will squeak without silicone lub anyways like any other poly bushings.

Users should be aware

LOL

Back