self level lights always on and its tilted the car? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

self level lights always on and its tilted the car?

SB98UKexplorer

Reaction score
City, State
UK croydon
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 explorer 4.0 SOHC v6
The light on my dash for the self level is always on and the left side of the vehical is lower by 1 and a half inch compared to the other side? iv no idea what to do for this system? there are no buzzing sounds from the motor behinde the spare wheel recently when the light came on, iv checked the OBD and no fualts are present :confused:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The ARC system is separate from the PCM etc. Diagnostic testing would be done through the screen in the console I believe. I haven't done any of the testing, my system worked to start with and I don't have the message center any longer.

I'd guess one of the solenoids is malfunctioning. Good luck,

First check your arc sensors, the rear one is more prone to problems than the front, look for loose mounts and rusted seized levers or ball studs. that may fix the activation issue, as for the one side being lower, I always would suspect the air bladder first, but wait and see if you can fix the motor activation after checking the sensors.
Let me know how you get on ok?

well iv got all tomrow and bank holiday to have a go on this, still driving with the left side lower on the back.

lol altho i had him on the wrong side to start so thats probably why its happend :D

Back