sensor lights keep turning on and off | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

sensor lights keep turning on and off

gomer6385

Reaction score
City, State
lawton, ok
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 explorer xls
i have been having random sensor lights going off an on. the first sensor was the abs, it would come on randomly. when ever it came on it would blink and cause my stereo to pop. i unhooked my positive and negative wires and cleaned them out. after i did that the abs light never came back on. this was about 2 months ago. now my air bag light keeps coming on. any thoughts.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

ditto on the air bag light. has been on ever sense we bought the rig. all the air bag sensors and wires appear to be in tact, but we bought it with some collision damage around the fog light on the passenger side. dont even know if the air bags will function right now. scan tool shows no codes. i bet the air bags have gone off at one point in the vehicles life (222,000 miles now) and some cheap repair guy probably replaced the air bags with newspaper xD

our has had no accidents recorded. but it has just recently been acting up.

so does noone have a clue what would be the problem.

Back