Seperate topic for 2011 Explorer MyFord Touch | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Seperate topic for 2011 Explorer MyFord Touch

batman89

Reaction score
City, State
Van Buren, AR
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 X Limited/NAV
Since people are having so many issues with Sync and Touch Screen, can a seperate thread/topic be added to the forum just for issues such as Version, Problems found, Problems fixed, general iinfo, How to's, tech support, etc.

SyncMyRide.com does not have all the answers. The CD and manuals are far behind the capabilities of the software.

I have a 2011 X with a touch screen out of calibration issue. Dealer is going to take a look at it. How many owners may have the same issue and thinking it is a bad display or software issue?

I did find on another forum how a technician can get into a diagnostics screen to calibrate the screen. You can also see your GPS info including elevation, Software version, and a host of other info.

Anything that gives the user more info on the use and capabilities would be great.

Experiance is the best teacher :thumbsup: and let us share that info.

I am not talking about hacking anything which would void the warranty.

Bruce :usa:

Since people are having so many issues with Sync and Touch Screen, can a seperate thread/topic be added to the forum just for issues such as Version, Problems found, Problems fixed, general iinfo, How to's, tech support, etc.

SyncMyRide.com does not have all the answers. The CD and manuals are far behind the capabilities of the software.

I have a 2011 X with a touch screen out of calibration issue. Dealer is going to take a look at it. How many owners may have the same issue and thinking it is a bad display or software issue?

I did find on another forum how a technician can get into a diagnostics screen to calibrate the screen. You can also see your GPS info including elevation, Software version, and a host of other info.

Anything that gives the user more info on the use and capabilities would be great.

Experiance is the best teacher :thumbsup: and let us share that info.

I am not talking about hacking anything which would void the warranty.

Bruce :usa:

I will tag along with your idea, I still mountains to learn just not enough time in the day.

Jack

Dealer looked at issue with screen and I thought it was going to be a 10 minute fix. Arrived at 7:30 AM and departed around 11:30 AM.

Around 9:30 the shop forman informed me that they were having problems reloading the Software. I had Gen2 V2.8 already. My response was "WHY". Proceeded to inform me that is what tech support requested them to do. I requested the chance to talk to the mechnanic. When talking to him, I asked if he had done the "Bezel Diganostic". He look puzzled. I suggested he request Tech support give him the steps on how to perform the alignment.

Around 10:30 I went out to talk to the mech. again and he had done the alignment I suggested and it worked fine. However I pointed out that the Nav was gone and he had to activate it. An hour later he informed me that all the software had been confirmed as a successfully installed. Then he noticed the screen needed to be realigned. He said it would be quick. Wish he knew that when I first came in. Due to my tight schedule had to leave. Bottom line is I spent 4 hours waiting for a 10 minute fix. Who knows what problems I will have with the new software install. Still need to take the vehicle back for the touch screen alignment.

Checked SyncMyRide.com and it shows the mech. had loaded the software 6 times. It still showes v2.8.

The mech. needed more knowledge on the system and was relying on Tech Support to guide him through the maintenance process.

Back