MyFord Touch screen cracked. | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

MyFord Touch screen cracked.

I have the same issue on my 2011 Ford Edge. My Ford Touch screen cracked while trying to change music device. After pushing several times with index finger in futile attempts to change device, screen cracked (spider web). After reading these postings, I'm worried about Ford pushing back on warranty claim and I have to foot the bill. Does anyone know a Ford dealer in Metro Detroit area that acknowledges this issue and will cover under warranty? I hate MFT!
Ford has extended the MFT warranty, at least on the Explorers, to 5 years, unlimited mileage.

Your problem is with the video display, which is not MFT, If you are still within your vehicle warranty, it should be covered. If not, sometimes Ford will still honor it on a courtesy basis.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just to clarify, the 5 year extended warranty is on the Accessory Protocol Interface Module (APIM) which is the 'brains' of the MFT system.

Peter

Cracked screen

We have a 2011 Explorer and took it to the dealer today because the main screen works but once inside any of the four corner buttons, everything else doesn't. He said the module doesn't work and if under warranty but they've found a crack on the screen(not visible to the naked eye) so they will not warranty the module. So in essence, Ford has a defective part that they're willing to replace but the dealer won't fix it because they fear it will be rejected. Has anyone ever heard of an issue similar to this?

Update from yesterday's post above......and it get more interesting. The Dealer in St. Louis, Sunset Ford, told me yesterday afternoon that the crack in the screen wasn't visible by the naked eye and must have happened within the past two weeks, we just couldn't see it. When the tech drove the car around for me to see, I didn't even have to get in the car to see the cracked screen. Had this been in this condition for the prior two weeks, we obviously would have know what the problem was. When confronted with the "possibility" that the tech, while trying to push the buttons on the screen to perform his 10 point test, cracked the screen, he responded with an unequivocal "no chance" but would check with him this morning to verify and get back to me. Well, it's 11:00 am and still no call. What would you suggest? Do I continue dealing with this "customer service rep" (who happens to be the owners son) or just deal with Ford directly?

And just as much to the point, what has been Ford's response to this particular issue? Our service rep said he's never seen a cracked screen before but because it has 96,000 miles, that might be the problem......huh? Really? The screen just cracks because of a certain number of miles? We are completely dumbfounded by the Dealers lack of knowledge and their handling of the situation.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

touch screen cracked

Several people here have referenced a gentleman named "Cory" at Ford. Can anyone help me actually find him? Seems I am in the same boat as others with my screen on my Lariat. Symptoms of it cracking are almost identical. My local dealer says since I did not buy truck there, he can't replace it and ford says they can't determine how it broke. Truck is only 9 months old. Can't believe dealers treat us this way.
Ken

BobbyTony,

I’m checking in to see if you were successful when you went to the dealer. From previous messages, I still have your VIN so let me know if you run into any troubles.

jamers99,

I’m happy to lend a hand by forwarding the details to the Customer Service Manager in your area. For me to do that, please send a PM with your contact info, VIN, dealer name/state, and mileage.

Thanks for the recommendation, Joe! :D

Cory
Cory, new to this forum. Looking for help with cracked touch screen on my 2013 Lariat. Don't know how to PM you, sorry. Bought truck in OK from Vance Auto Group 130 miles away. Local service done by Pruitt Ford, burkburnett, .Tx. Pruit first said they would not send repair request to ford because I did not buy truck there then decided to after couple conversations with me. Ford replies "undecided" Two weeks later Pruitt tells me to take to the place I bought it from. Almost identical probelm as others here. Try to end phone call two touches nothing happens then next thing you notice is screen is cracked. I am a ford man... Own two... last four vehicles ford trucks. No way this should not be covered. I did not hit screen...I touched it, with fingertip. My 5 yr old grandson abuses his I pad like crazy and its still alive. How do I get this resolved through ford warrenty?
Ken Reitsma

Welcome to the Forum reit8472.:wavey:
Cory has not been on this forum for the last year or so. The Ford service rep here is Crystal (FordService). You can use this link to send her a PM (private message);
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/private.php?do=newpm&u=157968
When you PM, be sure to include your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, mileage, and servicing dealership in your message.

Have you tried posting on the Ford F150 forum?
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=179

This sub forum is for the 5th generation Explorer but I think Crystal may still be able to assist.

Peter

Back