Serious Trouble? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

limited2000

Reaction score
City, State
Idaho
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Limited Edition 5.0
Well.. Today, I hooked the oil lines to and from my turbo. I ran the feed line off the oil pressure switch, which I teed off. I also, ran my oil return line and activated my pump which sends the oil back into the oil filler neck.

Well.. I started my car up, went and checked my rear mount turbo, no leaks. Went back up in the front, smelt burned oil. And oil was all over the place in the engine bay (From battery, hit my belt, and shot all around.). It seems I did not have the return line hooked up tight enough in the engine oil filler neck, and it disconnected from the pressure. I immediately shut the ex off. I then cleaned up the oil, added new oil (2 quarts low), then secured my return line. However, I took the ex for a drive around the block and it feels robbed of power and sounds like a lawn mower. This explains the Cylinder #5 Misfire code my SCT SF3 pulled up (check engine light warning was visible.)

I am pissed. I have no idea what to do.

My ideas are to replace spark plugs. If this does not work, coil pack, and ignition wires. If all fails.. Maybe a bad injector? (Which I have new Cobra 39lb injectors anyway).

I'm stressed. /: like bad. Help please.:(

Also, I know this could have caused serious internal damage.. The engine is not ticking. Just sounds like.. Exhaust is messed up. Engine sounds fine, like I said, it just feels like a 4-cylinder and sounds like a freaking lawn mower and feels like it is going to die (car shakes).

You will laugh your butts off when you read this thread!!!!!

My Cylinder #5 Ignition wire was not connect to the spark plug.

Crazy things happen when one is under stress. /:

least it was easy and free fix

Back