Set button on drivers door panel??? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Set button on drivers door panel???

fonicsmonkey

Reaction score
City, State
Manchester, NH
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Limited
Can anyone tell me where the 'SET Control' on the 'Drivers Door Panel' is located, as seen in this snip from my 2006 Owners Manual?

I can easily find the 'SET control on the lower center portion of the instrument panel'. The only buttons on my drivers door panel, are the window buttons for each door, the window lock button, and the door lock/unlock button?

Is this a typo, or am I totally missing something?

Maybe you dont have memory seats.

Maybe you dont have memory seats.

I have memory seats for sure...that's the 3 buttons on the lower center portion of the instrument panel shown in the picture (SET, 1, 2).

Its the instruction for 'deactivating' it that has got me stumped. I don't see anywhere on the drivers door panel that says 'SET' on it.

It's a typo. On our old 1996 Exploder, the memory seat buttons were on the door. When the buttons got moved to the dash in later models, they probably changed the manual in two places and missed one reference. (Notice that they got it right in the immediately following paragraph).

Try following the instructions for deactivating but use the instrument panel buttons in step 1 and see what happens.

Back