Setina PB 400 Push Bar installation help 2012 Explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Setina PB 400 Push Bar installation help 2012 Explorer

zyanix

Reaction score
City, State
NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 Limited
Hello all, this is both my introduction post as well as my first post.
I was wondering if someone could help shed some light on an issue I ran into while attempting to install the Setina PB 400 on my 2012 Ford Explorer Limited.
I was able to get all the brackets on no problem. Did a test mount of the actual push bar before re-applying the bumper, I holes so the bottom brackets could be exposes as they should be however when I went to re-install the bumper the top brackets didn't allow for the bumper to go up and into place. The only solution I could gather is to cut into the actual bumper. I've looked on this forum and someone asks about how much cutting is required but no one seems to answer. I already know about the ACC and the front driving sensors not working.
I was wondering if anyone had some info on the issue I'm having. Is there that huge a difference in the body of an Interceptor versus a civilian ford explorer?
Either way thank you for reading!

I've included some pics for reference.

Pb 400

Hello all, this is both my introduction post as well as my first post.
I was wondering if someone could help shed some light on an issue I ran into while attempting to install the Setina PB 400 on my 2012 Ford Explorer Limited.
I was able to get all the brackets on no problem. Did a test mount of the actual push bar before re-applying the bumper, I holes so the bottom brackets could be exposes as they should be however when I went to re-install the bumper the top brackets didn't allow for the bumper to go up and into place. The only solution I could gather is to cut into the actual bumper. I've looked on this forum and someone asks about how much cutting is required but no one seems to answer. I already know about the ACC and the front driving sensors not working.
I was wondering if anyone had some info on the issue I'm having. Is there that huge a difference in the body of an Interceptor versus a civilian ford explorer?
Either way thank you for reading!

I've included some pics for reference.

Pb 400
Holy crap I just realized the problem is the brackets were BACKWARDS! Thanks for anyone who replies.

Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
Glad you got it figured out.

Peter

Holy crap I just realized the problem is the brackets were BACKWARDS! Thanks for anyone who replies.
Hate it when that happens. At least you figured it out before stuffing the bumper back on.

Back